Community Preparedness is the first phase of the overall disaster management cycle and is a critical part of Community Based DIsaster Management (CBDM) activities.
The goal is to prepare the community to better cope with disaster.
Community disaster preparedness include:
- Develop an early warning system
- Develop a hazard risk monitoring system
- Develop a hazard warning communication system
- Develop an evacuation plan
- Create places and facilities for evacuation purposes
- Formulate emergency plans and disaster alert plans
- Train, rehearse and simulate
- Develop and place signs for evacuation and early warning
Click here to see IDEP Disaster Management Media that can be used for increasing your community's disaster management abilities.
CLICK HERE TO SEE IDEP FILMS RELATED TO THIS ASPECT OF OUR WORK IN INDONESIA